Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not Enough Coverage


We went to the BYU football game today (go Cougars!) It's always enjoyable to be part of the mob mentality with no other worries in the world other than whether or not we're going to get the next down. I always end up learning something about the intricacies of football. (What is it with the male DNA that they somehow inherently know all the ins and outs of football rules?) It was great to go with my dad, Christian, and brother-in-law Peter.

Although we were hoping for a shut-out, BYU
did manage to pull together a win. Let me tell you, however, that there were many frustrated fans in our section of the stands. Frustrated with the refs (of course) but at the weird mistakes our team kept making. And there was this one dude who was consistently open and made more first downs than I could count.

Weather.com forecast that it would possibly be snowing and probably be raining, so we geared up. I think I'm getting more and more of a wimp. Even while wearing a sweatshirt, long-sleeved shirt, coat, and beanie, I was cold the whole time, but those around me (wearing much less than I was) acted as if they hardly felt the cold. My Sapporo cold-toughness must be wearing off...gotta go back I guess :)

But to be frank, one of the definite highlights of the day was getting to see this guy. Can anyone beat that?

From Have you Hurd?

4 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

WOW! That guys hair is TERRIFIC!!! I'm SO So SOOOOOOO glad you got a picture of it! And I'm kind of fond of the one with my handsome hubby in it too! I'm so glad you guys had fun, sorry about the cold! Thanks for inviting Peter to go with you! He had a great time!!

Tara Rickards said...

Oh My Gosh!!! Wow! that is way too funny and I am so proud of you for getting the picture of it!! Miss you guys!

Daniel and Chelsea said...

That mans hair just brightened up my day! Thanks for sharing that with us!

justjen said...

I am crying I am laughing so hard. somehow I missed this post last time I visited. Shellye Van Wagenen told me aobut it today while we were talking. I thinkd Drew was worried about me as he watched me react to this picture, yes the one of the bald dude. Classic! I bet he's glad he doesn't know he's a super star on you blog!